Diseases and augmentation rejection syndrome are more common for lower grade implants and unlicensed doctors however there is always a risk when implanting augmentations into a player.
- If a player who is installing an implant critical fails then the receiving player must roll their endurance to counter the fail. If that also fails then the player incurs one of the provided diseases associated with augmentations.
- The player rolls a 1D6* and applies the disease to their statistics. A player who suffers a disease must seek medical help to neutralize the detrimental effect on their skills, this is only discovered after the operation is completed.
- The difficulty modifier to heal such diseases are a -30 and players who are trying to heal the diseased player may need help from additional players to stack their modifier. They may try once a day.
- Upon a successful roll the one week recovery unlocks. A critical success nets half a week recovery. A fail means that another healing attempt may not be tried for 24 hours. A critical fail means that another healing attempt may not be tried for one week.
- if the player rolls a 1: Augmentation Rejection Syndrome (-10% agility, -10% Endurance)
- if the player rolls a 2: Accelerated Cellular Degeneration (-10% Strength, -10% Intelligence)
- if the player rolls a 3: Cyberbrain Sclerosis (-10% Perception, -10% Charisma)
- if the player rolls a 4: Circulatory System Decrepitude (-10% Charisma, -10 health)
- if the player rolls a 5: Codon Syndrome (-5 move, -10 aim)
- if the player rolls a 6: Descolada (-10 defense, -10 health)
* with the I1 HUD, this can be achieved by entering the command
/11 roll 6
Modern biotechnology could not exist without nano technology which aids in the assistance of genetic augmentations. On rare occasions there are complications in such procedures such as an autoimmune diseases in which the body interprets the nanites as a virus and rushes to defend itself creating complications in the subjects immune response system. In such cases the patient is injected with a biomolecular solution (BioLine™ EE3) tailored to shut down the nanites activities and flush them from the system.
BioLine™ EE3, created and controlled by AGIS, is specifically designed to target nanites that are compromising someone's immune system. The host nanites programming is designed for molecular level surgery to help aid in the structuring of specific biomechanical augmentations. These nanites have a limited life cycle, whereupon the moment their tasks are complete, they will automatically flush themselves from the body including any accumulated nano material.